Friday, October 21, 2011

I Love My Friends!


I have been struggling to homeschool this year as our very busy Boy is into everything! I voiced this frustration to a dear friend of mine, she then told me about a book she uses and shared this example from it.
1. Grab an egg carton.
2. Punch holes in the bottom of each egg.
3. Give it to the child along with a pile of spoons or sticks,
(for us spoons were the safer choice).
4. Enjoy your 5-10 minutes!
Yeah! Now I need 100 more activities just like this. Maybe I ought to get that book:)

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!! He is a little boy!!! I still picture him as a baby!!! AHH! We need to visit more often; they grow up too fast. LOVE the idea- great fine-motor practice. Let me know the name of the book, I think I'll read it too!!! MISS ALL OF YOU!!!! See you in DECEMEBER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow do you think I have enough E's in December??? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok here's another thought, I saw this on a blog somewhere and made sure to file it away for the future. Get a strainer and piper cleaners. Have him put both ends of the pipe cleaner into the strainer holes to see what cool shapes and fun things he can create! Here's the blog if you're interested http://no1hasmorefun.blogspot.com/search/label/Babies%2FToddlers
    she has HUNDREDS of other fun ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay, You think I took long enough replying to you? Sorry... The book is called the Busy Toddler Book. Google it and it comes up fast. I'm still waiting for my copy from the library.

    Larissa, I have to tell you I LOVE that blog, I think there were 3 or 4 great ideas I saw in the 3 minutes I peaked at it! Yeah! I am super excited to try them out. I noticed she homeschools and cooks gluten free as well. Great resource. Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete