I have a dear friend who lives by this motto. I am learning what a great motto it is!
We live in a world of discouragement. Everywhere we turn we see and hear things that discourage. What would it be like if the opposite were true? If our children, our parents, our spouses, our friends, ourselves, only heard encouragement. You can do it! That's a great idea! Go for it! How much easier it would be to do hard things. To move through trials. To overcome obstacles. LIFE IS HARD. That's why we are here. It's to learn how to be happy, to encourage each other as we move through our journey here. I love reading the Book of Mormon and being encouraged by the prophets that wrote in it so long ago. They long for us to have joy. Our Heavenly Father longs for us to have joy. If only we could help each other by believing in and encouraging one another. It's hard to watch people make mistakes. As parents it's especially hard to watch our children make mistakes. Sometimes though we know it's how they learn and grow. We allow mistakes to be made. We allow choices and consequences. And then we love them. We ENCOURAGE them and allow them to move on. I hope I can be more encouraging to those I know. I am so thankful for those who encourage and uplift me. Even when it seems like I don't have a clue what I'm doing. Thank you my family and friends!
awesome motto, and thank you for reminding us all to be more encouraging!
ReplyDeleteLove the update! I miss seeing what's new and exciting with your family! I hope you post pics of that cute new baby of yours on here soon! We want to see more pics! Love you guys and miss you!
ReplyDelete