This summer has been full of trying new things. There has been a lot of adjustment and a lot of learning on my part. I am so happy when something turns out beautiful or I finish something I never thought I could do. A few things I've done this summer are...
Learned how to cook without using sugar, gluten, dairy and yeast. That pizza you see pictured is made with Chickpea (bean) flour, water, oil and salt. Top with whatever you want. The kids have been kind with my experimenting with foods.
Yesterday I ran a 5K. A goal I've always dreamed of but never put the effort into. I trained for 3 maybe 4 weeks, the last week I ran with my sisters. On race day my darling sisters ran with me the whole way. We had planed on the run being flat and on a road, but it was far from that! Through the woods and up and down hills we went. It was a beautiful day and the scenery was lovely. I have adrenaline just remembering that I did it! Thank goodness for awesome sisters to cheer you on!
Last but not least I made this toy/puzzle. I saw it on the Internet and wanted it, but felt the price was a bit high. It only took an hour or so to cut and sand it. Then I worked on painting and waxing it for a few hours and viola! I just saved myself a handful of money and my children get something made by Mom. This puzzle is really a story about a Giant Turnip. It's an old Russian story and I can't wait to share it with the kids this week as we continue to talk about the harvest.

WOW! You inspire me with all you do! And I know that you do even more that you didn't even mention. I can't wait to see the puzzle, what talent!
ReplyDelete-Christina