Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Beautiful Christmas

This Christmas was wonderful. It is the first time my whole family has been together for Christmas in at least 5 years. It was so fun to see all my siblings (there are 8 of us), and I have 3 nephews and 2 nieces! My parents have 9 grand kids now. Their house was so full with everyone home. As I looked around I couldn't believe how quickly time has gone by. How grown up everyone is. No one argued or fought, yelled or slammed doors. Of course we are not perfect, but I am so happy to see that for the most part we all get along now. I love my family and feel so blessed to be a part of it. It takes parents that are very willing to sacrifice to raise so many children. Now that my own family is growing, I appreciate a little more just how much they gave to us. I need to make it a priority to take the time to teach important values and principles to my children, just I my parents did for me. Many times I remember my father sitting down with us to explain why we do or don't do the things we are taught. Some of my greatest memories are his thoughtfully prepared family home evenings. Trips to Dairy Queen one on one, and just talking. And my mother, she was so patient with us. She spent hours helping us understand homework, teaching us how to cook, or clean. At midnight after a dance or date she would come listen to all that had transpired that night. Both of my parents worked hard as we grew up and I hope to raise my children with the same values and integrity that I was raised with. What a Merry Christmas this was. Nothing beats being together as a family.

1 comment:

  1. Last Christmas was great! but we were missing one. I can't wait to bring my sweet wife home for this next one! :)
    rob

    ReplyDelete