Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Minimizing

I recently checked a book out from our library titled Living with Less by Joshua Becker.  As I skimmed through it I was introduced to a term called minimalist.  This author described what being a minimalist meant to him. Only owning what was necessary. He talked about how he wanted to play ball with his son, but was stuck cleaning the garage instead.  Owning more than what he needed caused him to spend more time and money on unnecessary items.  Keeping him from what he wanted most.  This idea intrigued both DH and I.  We have been trying for the last couple years to simplify and scale back.  Moving twice in one year and not having a place for everything has really been frustrating as our possessions seem to be taking a lot of our time away from what we wish we were doing.  And so our journey to simplify has been given new meaning.  A new word and a new reason to keep going.  I am excited to minimize our "stuff".  Freeing up time and money to be spend on things that matter most.  When I bring something into my home I would like to ask myself  "what is this giving to me and what is it taking?"  I have been on a quest to make my life more meaningful.  I think that should include the things I surround myself with as well.  Isn't life suppose to be simple and sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment