Now that I'm trying to post every week I realize there are so many things to write about I can't keep up with it all! Here is one that I've wanted to post about since Christmas. I've have the strange desire to fill my life with things of value lately. I was starting to feel like the girls didn't really appreciate what they had. When a toy broke they weren't worried, they just figured they'd get a new one later. I found myself in a mess of toys thrown about the house all of the time. After I'd had enough, I got brave and started sorting and passing things on until most of the mess was gone. Now I figured if they only had a small collection of toys that were special, maybe the toys would be loved a little bit more. Already my brilliant plan seems to be working well, and my house is a lot easier to clean. They girls can even handle cleaning up their own mess now. Through this process the desire to make or buy high quality toys was born. And in most cases it is much cheaper to make the toys yourself then to buy them. Also My children see that nothing comes free or easily.
I made these dolls for Christmas and the girls love them. They know Mommy made them and that they took a long time to make. I have been very pleased to see no fighting over them. Every child has their own doll that they named and was made just for her. I am now in full doll making mode and can't wait to start the next set. These were very easy 13" dolls, (although time consuming). My next big project is going to be a 16" doll. I could never have done it without an awesome pattern. http://www.achildsdream.com/ is my new favorite. Love their doll making section. It's addicting. Yeah for being a mom! I always feel like I get to learn new things.
you are such an awesome mom! I love your family picture!
ReplyDelete